May 24, 2007

Eatery

> Location : 798 Ninth Ave (at 53rd St), New York, N.Y., U.S.A.
> Cuisine : American
> Tel. # : (1) (212) 765-7080
> Website : http://www.eaterynyc.com/
> Price Range: $

We decided to try out Eatery's brunch. Though it was sprinkling outside, we decided to brave the cold and rain in lieu of waiting for an hour for a table inside. Once seated, we were served some sort of coffee cake that was delicious. The best way I could describe it is as some sort of spice cake. Whatever it was, it was yummy.

I opted for a Roast Chicken Soup, with Sweet Corn Dumplings. The broth was clear and sweet. The ingredients tasted very fresh and there was plenty of chicken. The soup was a tiny bit bland, but it was okay.

After the soup, I had a special salad of the day, which was a Chopped Chicken Salad with fresh beets, broccoli, cheese, lettuce, and a vinaigrette. There was plenty of chicken and the vegetables were perfectly crisp and fresh. The dressing was also perfect.

My friend Myra had the Sante Fe Sweet Potato Pancake, with scrambled egg whites and mango guacamole. I was assured the guac was good, but I didn't try since I am allergic. However, I did taste the rest of it and it was excellent. It's difficult to mess up eggs though.

From what I can tell, most of the food at this place is excellent. For the amount and price, it was a pretty good deal. Also, the decor was really cute and the wait staff was pretty good. If I weren't in the mood for veggies, the Pulled Pork Tostada with Fried Eggs, Monterey Jack and Poblano Relish was really calling my name.

< 4 out of 5 >

2 comments:

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Anonymous said...

Yay Eatery! I've never been disappointed by any meals there whether it be brunch, lunch or dinner. The wait for weekend brunch is long.

The same owners opened up WHYM higher up on 9th avenue, around 56th St, and I believe they have similar or the same brunch.