Mar 19, 2007

Union American Bar & Grill

Location : Shop 1009, Level One, International Finance Centre Mall,
Central, Hong Kong
Cuisine : American
Tel. # :(852) 2295-1808
Website : http://www.windy-city.com.hk/union/index.html

When around the business corners of Central and you crave some classic American dishes, you can definitely count on Union American Bar & Grill! With a semi-dim-ish environment, Union offers a Bar area nice for the after work hang outs and plenty of dishes pleasant to the international makeup of I.F.C.

I visited Union around noon hours and found myself with a menu that consisted of soups, salads, sandwiches, burgers, appetizers and much, much more. There are all sorts of items to choose from such as Boston Clam Chowder ($78 HKD), Classic Caesar with grilled chicken ($108 HKD) or even burgers like their very own, Union steak sandwich ($158 HKD). Cost wise, in general, you don't expect anything to be cheap when you're in I.F.C., but I can assure you from what I had, at least the quality of their food justifies it for the most part!

I mean, why visit an American joint if you don't go for a burger? I quickly went with the top of the list, Pulled Smokehouse BBQ Sandwich ($84 HKD). The burger came with a cherry tomato and pickle stuck on top served with fries and BBQ sauce on the side. The burger size was acceptable and definitely loaded with meat and onion. As evident from the picture (sorry with the low-resolution photo), they have grilled the bun a little to give it that soft and crispy sensation.

With the first bite, I noticed the meat within was tender for the most part and as a whole, the burger tasted good! The fries were fresh and not soggy or had any other issues. They aren't steak fries as I would like it to be but they are your common McDonald-like fries done well (a bit bigger). If you want ranch or honey mustard or any other sauces to go with your fries like I do, feel free to ask, the people at Union will gladly get some for you.

In the end, I definitely recommend this place if you're in I.F.C. and you want some classic American dishes! Union American Bar & Grill does a good job bringing the American standard into such a business related area.

< 3 1/2 out of 5 >

0 comments: